Hottenroth, Garverick, Tilson & Garverick, Co., L.P.A.
Honest And Fair Hometown Attorneys With Decades Of Experience
Call 419-468-5044

How Do I Post Bond if Arrested?

Generally, if the Court does not release you on your own recognizance, a monetary amount will be set that can be deposited with the Court to secure your release. Most Courts expect a Defendant to post bond through a bail bondsman. A bail bondsman is someone to whom you pay a fee to post your bond. This fee is generally 10% of the bond amount set by the Court. For example, if the Court sets a bond at $25,000.00, the bondsman will charge you 10% as fee or $2,500.00. This fee is non-refundable. If you post a cash bond yourself, without a bondsman, you would be required to post the entire $25,000.00, in our example, which money would be returned to you as long as you appear for all your Court proceedings.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information


Hottenroth, Garverick, Tilson & Garverick, Co., L.P.A.
126 S. Market St.
Galion, OH 44833

Phone: 419-468-5044
Fax: 419-468-1308
Galion Law Office Map