Judges are required to abide by a number of procedural and other laws and rules. However, they're absolutely forbidden to represent parties in law suits, and they can't give legal advice to unrepresented parties, beyond telling them things like "You have the right to...
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK :
- We are still working, but our office is not open to the general public. We will be conducting appointments and other business by phone. Call us at 419-468-5044.
- To drop off papers or payments, please place items in the slot in our back door or call 419-468-5044 to make arrangements.
- To pick things up, make credit/debit card payments, and conduct other business, call 419-468-5044.
- We are still receiving our US mail, so you can still send us things.
- We regret any inconvenience, but everyone’s safety is of utmost importance.
Month: November 2013
Ohio's probate courts serve very important functions, dealing with matters like decedents' estates, guardianships and adoptions. Normally, the question about "avoiding probate" comes up in the context of estate planning. But, probate is not a bad thing. In regard to...