Honest And Fair Hometown Attorneys With Decades Of Experience



  • We are still working, but our office is not open to the general public. We will be conducting appointments and other business by phone. Call us at 419-468-5044.
  • To drop off papers or payments, please place items in the slot in our back door or call 419-468-5044 to make arrangements.
  • To pick things up, make credit/debit card payments, and conduct other business, call 419-468-5044.
  • We are still receiving our US mail, so you can still send us things.
  • We regret any inconvenience, but everyone’s safety is of utmost importance.

If a child support payor stops paying support, is that person still entitled to visitation with the child?

On Behalf of | Dec 1, 2013 | Uncategorized

Ordinarily the answer to that question is yes. However, there are other considerations. Some court orders prevent the payor from having visitation rights with the child. Incidentally, “visitation rights” is not the current term of art in Ohio, because technically that is now called “parenting time.”
Typically, the obligations to support a child and to allow “visiting time” are not dependent on each other. It is quite possible for a person to be found in contempt of a court for failing to allow visitation even in a situation where he or she did not receive appropriate child support from the other party.
These sorts of things seem to come up fairly frequently between divorced and divorcing parents.
Our office is available for consultations on such matters.